I have been waiting soooooo long to share this list! I love Christmas so much! Probably too much, but while my kids are at an age where they enjoy it and don’t grunt at me yet, I’m going to make the most of it.
So here is my list of the 20 best Christmas movies to watch with your kids over Christmas.
- Elf – My daughter and I love this film, always the first film to get watched and always the film I wrap my presents to as well.
2. Miracle on 34th Street (1994) – Little six year old Susan discovered that dreams really do even after being told the “secret” about Santa.
3. Arthur Christmas – Santa’s goofy but good-hearted son Arthur sets out to deliver a forgotten present.
4. The Muppets Christmas Carol – A story about Scrooge told by the Muppets, it’s brilliant and another classic.
5. Nativity 1, 2, 3 & Rocks – Based in a school the films focus around doing nativity concerts and competitions. Definitely one for all the family.
6. Home alone 1, 2 & 3 – You can’t beat Home Alone 1, absolute classic.
7. The Christmas Chronicles – In this newer film from Netflix, two siblings join an unorthodox Father Christmas for an unforgettable Christmas Eve arriving home just in time to keep their secret.
8. The Grinch – He hates Christmas and goes out of his way to ruin it, only to feel bad about it in the end.
9. Disneys, A Christmas Carol – In this 2009 rendition, Scrooge played by the brilliant Jim Carrey, hilariously learns the meaning of Christmas thanks to a visit from three ghosts.
10. The Polar Express – In this film we are reminded that seeing isn’t always believing.
11. The Snowman – A family classic that will pass from generation to generation.
12. The Nightmare Before Christmas – Is it a Christmas film or a Halloween film? Who cares, it made it onto both of my lists this year.
13. Olaf’s Frozen Adventure – Another Disney film to bring magic to the little ones.
14. Jingle All The Way (1996) – A story of a hard working man that repeatedly lets his son down, promises he will get him a Turbo Man for Christmas but it’s not as easy as he thinks.
15. The Santa Clause (1994) – A story of a dad who becomes the real Father Christmas but must keep it a secret from his family.
16. Jack Frost (1998) – A dad that never keeps his promises unfortunately ends of dying in a car accident, only to come back as a snowman for one last chance not to let his son down.
17. The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018) – In the newest version of The Nutcracker, this story follows Clara as she tries to defend the Land of Sweets from the evil Mother Ginger in a magical world.
18. Ernest Saves Christmas (1988) – It’s a Christmas emergency: Father Christmas needs help and to find the future Father Christmas and the accident-prone Ernest seems to be his only hope.
19. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) – When Charlie Brown and his friends try and get Christmas back to the real meaning of Christmas instead of the commercial version. A lovely story to teach children the true meaning of Christmas.
20. Klaus (2019) – A lovely story of when two kind hearted souls end a long stand feud and get the presents delivered for Christmas.
Why not check out my other blog post: https://positivelylifestyle.com/2020/12/09/best-gifts-for-under-20-at-amazon/